Monday, March 31, 2008

how long is too long?

if i had the money to hire a ridiculously high-priced wedding planner/event designer who could arrange every little detail for me -- and get me married in a month -- i'd do it. i've only been engaged for just over 5 months now and am already restless. sure, wedding planning is fun and has slowly taken over my life, but there's a huge part of me that simply wants to be married to the man i love so that we can start our lives together. patience is a virtue, i know, and i realize i should heed my own advice and savor every minute of our engagement. i guess i just have those moments where i'm so anxious for our lives to "officially" begin.

when we do tie the knot we would have been engaged for a year and 8 months. that's a lot of time to plan a wedding. a bit too long to be engaged, in my opinion. but, if you're trying to save up for your future, much time is needed.

on another note, i am happy to say that we were able to find our favors in the philippines! at a whopping P2.75 (that equals about $0.07 if i did my calculations correctly) apiece, our favors were a steal! needless to say, david was ecstatic. i don't even think he took a close look at the favors -- the price spoke for itself! (just kidding, david!) i'll post pictures once i put the favors all together. alone, they look quite cheap (hey, what can i say, they're from pinas!). but paired with some nice ribbon and filled with tiny goodies, they'll be a hit. one can only hope...

3 comments:

franny said...

oooh, can't wait to see what you came up with for your favors!

and trading places! you just came back from 'pinas, i'm about to get on a plane and head to my mother's land.

i think the girls & i will have to plan a trip up to the bay area sometime soon after i get back!

dee said...

oh my gosh i'm so jealous! i want to go back already!!! (by the way, what province are you guys from in bicol?)

YES YES YES! please plan a trip up here so we can hang out and do girly girl wedding stuff together! oh, how excited i am! :)

miss you, and have fun girl!

Joe said...

Yo guys, when I visited SF this week I saw the church you guys are getting married in! Or at least I think it is hahaha. I'll post pics of it as soon as I get them off my friends camera. Peaces!